I’m often asked, “What’s your everyday, go-to green smoothie recipe?” And truthfully, it’s hard to pick just one! I usually switch things up, depending on what’s in season, what I’m in the mood for and what I happen to have in the fridge. . . but if I have all the ingredients, this is my favorite recipe to blend in the morning.
1 cup water
1 cup/handful spinach
1 cup/handful kale
6-8 sprigs cilantro
1/4 apple (Pink Lady is my apple of choice)
3-4 frozen strawberries
1. Add water and greens to blender.
2. Blend for 20-30 minutes, until smooth.
3. Add fruit to blender.
4. Blend for 20-30 seconds, until smooth.
5. Pour and enjoy!
– If you don’t like cilantro, parsley is a great substitute.
– I make 4 smoothies at once and refrigerate three in airtight mason jars.
This is a delicious, cleansing blend of greens and low-carb fruit that will get your digestion moving. And, it’s jam-packed with fiber, so you’ll feel satisfied and energized.
Try it and let me know what you think!
Do you have a favorite green smoothie recipe?